Mask Protocols & Health Screening Procedures
In addition to the COVID-19 Procedures outlined above, information regarding masking and health screening procedures for visitors to each of our school partner sites can be found below:
- Chippewa Falls Area Unified School District (CFAUSD)
- As of 9/20/2021: LEVEL 3 Visitors-General Expectations – We are currently in Level 3 status, which means Classroom/building visitors will be restricted to during-the-day essential educational personnel (individuals who provide daily curriculum delivery or essential services such as OT/PT, interventionists, substitute, and student teachers, mental health professionals, etc.) that align with our district’s strategic pillars.
- Masks will be required indoors beginning Monday, September 20, 2021, for all individuals regardless of vaccination status.
- Classroom/building visitors must:
- Seek approval from the administrator of the building they are visiting. – The CFAUSD Operations Team has determined that mentors are considered “essential visitors” during the school day and will be allowed to meet with their mentees but must be masked.
- Remain in their assigned area.
- Wear a face covering at all times.
- Wash or sanitize hands immediately upon entering/exiting buildings and periodically during your event.
- Submit to a temperature check.
- Complete Visitor Health Screening Questionnaire prior to coming to school if possible or upon arrival at the CFAUSD office. – Mentors are required to complete a CFAUSD Visitor Health Screening Questionnaire every week prior to meeting with their mentee. You can access the questionnaire by clicking on the linked document above, print and bring it with you to your school site to turn in to the building secretary upon arrival.
- Comply with physical distancing norm.
McDonell Area Catholic Schools (MACS)
- As of 9/21/2021 COVID Update –
- Cases/Dashboard. You can find our positive cases and quarantines, updated weekly, on our MACS dashboard [LINK]
- Limited Masking. In the event that 20% or more of a student cohort is absent due to COVID-19 isolation or quarantine, the remaining students and teacher(s) in the cohort will need to wear masks while indoors for a two week period, or until the absentee rate drops below 20%.
- Revision of Quarantine Rules at MACS. As you may know, persons who are vaccinated or have had a positive COVID test within the prior 90 days are not asked to quarantine but instead to monitor for symptoms. MACS has chosen to expand the 90 day window to six months, according to science and in an attempt to keep more kids in school.
- Back to School: Macs ComeBack
- Face Coverings/Masks
- Face coverings/masks are optional. We encourage families to be aware of CDC and public health recommendations and plan accordingly.
- All students, staff, and visitors should have a clean mask readily available (e.g. in their locker, backpack, or desk) just in case it would be needed. For example, field trip venues or public school busses may require masks, or if a student becomes ill, they may be asked to wear a mask until they are picked up.
- Non-medical face masks are available to all MACS staff and students upon request. If personal masks are worn, designs should be in the spirit of the MACS dress code (e.g. no offensive/distracting wording or graphics). If used, face coverings/masks should be properly used and cleaned.
- Face masks should never be worn by individuals two (2) years of age or younger or by anyone who is having trouble breathing, is unconscious, or incapacitated.
- Face Coverings/Masks